Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Reason I've been Gone

This will be a two part post

Part one

A while back my daughter called me to let me know her and her husband were moving to Florida. This did not set well with me. It's bad enough to be 7 hours away from her but I can get to her the same day. But Florida is the other side of the country. I've been having separation issues since we moved away 4 plus years ago. I understood why she moved back to California, there is no work for her in this town, her tattoos were an issue, guys, yeah slim pickings unless you are of the church and being Utah I don't have to spell it out.

Usually I go with the flow and I don't question what she does. She is a smart girl and she needs to live her own life. This time I opened my mouth, part of it was selfish on my end. Hey, I only have one child, I'm not going to apologize for that she is my world. I did give her some stuff to think about.

I was in a complete funk, depressed, over eating, not wanting to do a damn thing but sulk. I few days after we talked she called me and let me know they were not moving to Florida. You think I would be jumping up and down celebrating. Nope, I went into a further depression worrying that my butting in would change our relationship or she would be resentful for me voicing very loudly my concerns.

None of that happened thankfully. We have always had a very strong and close relationship. I learned that I need not get so emotional when we talk about these things and that it is her life. On the flip side as a mom it is okay to present things that I could see as being an obstacle and that maybe she needs to do more research before making a rash decision.

I will be back soon with Part 2.

With Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment