Pages

Friday, February 24, 2017

Part Two

Here it is Part Two of Why I've been gone

I have made a decision at 58 years old that I'm going back to school and I'm going to Culinary School. A 12 month Culinary Program opened here last year. I've taken many of the community classes in the evening from Braising to Sushi and enjoyed them and the teachers. I have always wanted to go to Culinary School and the timing was right so I enrolled.

Now the scary part after 40 years out of school I had to pass 2 english and 2 math tests. No joke I freaked out. I am horrible at math, so horrible I considered quitting right there. Thanks to the wonderful teacher in the Student Success class I had to take to enroll, I stuck with it.

The second day of the class I got sick with a nasty cold/flu which did not help me one bit with studying. Friday, February 10th I took the tests. I passed 3 of the 4 tests and of course it was one of the math tests. The second week of the Student Success class was the teacher working with you on the areas you needed help with. Thank goodness on Friday when I took the test I passed.

I am already making lists of what career move I want to do with this experience. I do know I do not want to work in a restaurant unless it was my own and I need experience before even considering that.  I am considering a Personal Chef, a small venue event and catering business, working for a magazine, recipe developer, recipe tester my list keeps growing.

I'm very excited to see where this new adventure takes me and I will take you along for the ride. My first class starts April 6th with Kitchen Safety.

With Love,
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment